Build a Wildlife Area Objectives
- Demonstrate widespread support and demand for additional public open spaces and wildlife management areas in Iowa.
- Provide a donation vehicle for conservation-minded Iowans and businesses to invest in the creation and expansion of public recreational lands. The Iowa DNR's new Comprehensive Wildlife Conservation Plan sets out a 25-year plan to double the number of Iowa's wildlife management areas for public recreation. Build-A-Wildlife-Area supports that vision by offering every Iowan the opportunity to share in achieving that goal.
- Establish new and expand existing public wildlife management areas, by creating private funding for acquisitions. We will invest all BAWA funds to acquire open space recreational lands and wildlife areas in partnership with local, state, and federal agencies. Leveraging these agency funds will triple donors' contributions and will maximize the impact on wildlife and habitat conservation.
Personal Opportunities Marketing Opportunities
What will your personal conservation legacy be for the hunters and outdoor enthusiasts of the future? Donating to the Build A Wildlife Area program gives you the opportunity to create a place for those who follow to enjoy the outdoor activities that have meant so much to you. As a committed conservationist, wouldn't you like to leave a legacy for family, friends and future hunters to enjoy? Whether donating $100, $1000 or more, each and every dollar will be used for land purchases-there are no administrative costs. Public wildlife areas not only protect land for outdoor recreation, and create habitat, but also help the economy of nearby communities.
Companies that donate to Build A Wildlife Area will see benefits from the marketing opportunities created through media events, including print, radio, television, land dedications, acknowledgement in Pheasants Forever Magazine, and other outreach. Make a statement to employees and customers about your dedication to Iowa's natural resources and economy with a BAWA contribution aimed at expansion of this state's public wildlife and outdoor recreation. Demonstrate your conservation commitment to:
- Your employees and customers
- Hunters and wildlife enthusiasts
- Bird watchers & photographers
- Land managers and farmers
- PF members & chapters
- Conservation agencies
- Sporting dog owner
- Business partners
Partnering with Build A Wildlife Area will:
- Showcase your company's desire to support wildlife and enhance outdoor recreation, and demonstrate your commitment to future generations.
- Achieve wide exposure and create positive public awareness for your company's philanthropic donations.
- Create an affinity with other campaign partners and Pheasants Forever, a respected leader in the conservation community.
- Allow your tax deductible donation to illustrate your vision of conservation to Iowa's youth, who will gain knowledge, learn skills and develop the land ethic necessary to be responsible conservationists.
- Secure permanent recognition for your company's donation on a monument at the wildlife area.
Build A Wildlife Area Campaign Donation Form
Choose your donation level! Help purchase a new wildlife management area and conserve critical habitat and recreational opportunity for future generations. With matching grants from local, state and federal agencies, Iowa's BAWA campaign could triple every dollar raised from private donations. In other words, $100,000 could become $300,000 through matching grants.
BAWA Sponsorship Levels
All donors will receive recognition at Pheasant Fest on the "Wall of Donors" and at other events where BAWA is being promoted. They will also be invited to the official dedication of the site.
|Habitat Builder||$500||Your donation will be used to develop the best habitat possible at the newly acquired area. You will receive a certificate acknowledging your contribution.|
|Legacy Builder||$1,000||Dedicating your money in memory of a hunting buddy, family member or on behalf of yourself. Permanent recognition will be placed at the site, and you'll receive a certificate acknowledging your contribution.|
|Acre Maker||$2,500||Our wildlife heritage has changed over the years - we are bringing it back one acre at a time. You will receive permanent recognition at the site and a certificate of your contribution.|
|Resource Donor||$5,000||This is the time to preserve the landscape for the next generation. You will receive permanent recognition at site, a certificate of your contribution and additional recognition at PF events.|
|Wildlife Patron||$10,000||Become a PF Patron Member and support BAWA campaign in Iowa. You will receive permanent recognition at the site, a certificate of your contribution, recognition at PF events and in PF magazine, and limited edition Wildlife Sponsor Zach Giclee.|
|Platinum Sponsor||$25,000||You will become a PF Patron Member, receive permanent recognition at the site, a certificate of your contribution, recognition at PF events and in the PF magazine, and limited edition Platinum Sponsor Zach Giclee.|
|Traditions Sponsor||$50,000||You will become a PF Patron Member, receive permanent recognition at the site, a certificate of your contribution, recognition at PF events and in the PF magazine, and limited edition Traditions Sponsor Zach Giclee.|
|Premier Sponsor||$100,000||You will become a PF Patron Member, receive permanent recognition at the site, a certificate of your contribution, recognition at PF events and in the PF magazine, and limited edition Premier Sponsor Zach Giclee.|
|Wildlife Area Sponsors+||($250,000+)||You can honor your family name, business or other name provided the name is approved by PF, the DNR and the CCB - if appropriate.|
+All successive sponsors will receive a PF Patron Membership, a limited edition Larry Zach Giclee, recognition at PF events and recognition in the PF Magazine.
Conserve wildlife, habitat, and the hunting heritage for future generation. Here's your opportunity to show your commitment by leaving a lasting legacy on a new wildlife area. Remember, the cause is more than wildlife - it is water quality, air quality, soil conservation, etc.
|Iowa Heritage Sponsor||$250,000|
|Double Diamond Sponsor||$1,000,000|
In addition to individual, corporate and foundation partners, opportunities will be available for individual donors to contribute to the Build A Wildlife Area Campaign.
We want to enhance the marketing benefits of a donation to the Build A Wildlife Area Campaign for your company, and are eager to listen to your ideas for partnerships.